Robyn Jane Children’s Centre is the only early childhood centre in Healesville that is rated as Exceeding the National Quality Framework.
The National Quality Standard (NQS) promotes continuous quality improvement. Children’s services are assessed and rated against the NQS. Ratings promote transparency and accountability and help parents assess the quality of education and care services available.
Every service recieves a rating for each quality area.
- Educational program and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
Robyn Jane Children’s Centre was awarded a rating of Exceeding the National Quality Standard in all seven areas of the National Quality Standard.
You can read more about the National Quality Frameworks at the ACEQUA website.
What we offer
- High Quality care for children 6 weeks to 6 Years
- 3 year old kindergarten program
- Funded 4 year old Preschool program
- Accredited Asthma Friendly Centre
- SunSmart Centre
- Child Care Benefit available.
- Qualified Staff offering an early educational program that caters to the needs of each individual child
- Safe, fun and stimulating environment with caring, nurturing staff
- Monthly Committee Meetings for parents/caregivers to attend to express ideas, suggestions concerns etc
- Comprehensive Parent Handbook
- Nutritious balanced meals made fresh at the Centre by our qualified cooks
- Individual dietary requirements catered for. Meals provided: breakfast until 8.30am; morning tea including a fresh fruit platter; two-course lunch; afternoon tea including a fresh fruit platter; evening snack if required
Type of Care Offered
- Operating Hours are 7.00am to 6.30pm (latest time for collection is 6.15pm to allow staff to carry out security checks)
- Full Time 5 days per week whole days only
- Part Time 1–4 days per week whole days only
- Casual on request if a vacancy exists, whole days only
Fees and Charges
- Our current fees are $105 per day.
- Child Care benefit is available by contacting the Family Assistance Office on 136150.
- 50% Child Care Tax Rebate, claimable every 3 months from Family Assistance Office.
- Fees are payable for all public holidays and when your child is absent from the Centre due to illness or holidays.
- The Centre Closes for up to two weeks during the Christmas Period. Fees are not charged during this time. The actual dates of closure are advised each year by the Centre’s Committee of Management.
- A booking fee equivalent to one week’s care is required prior to commencement; this is refunded at the ceasement of care.
The Centre and its staff work in close partnership with families for the care and education of their children. This high level of collaboration can lead to new and innovative ways of providing programs and therefore ensure that these programs remain truly reflective of the needs of the children and the greater community.
In enrolling your child at the Centre you are agreeing to abide by the conditions set out in the Parent Handbook (which you will be given upon commencement of care.) These conditions are also contained in the Centre Policy Document, which is displayed in the foyer of the building. Your child’s enrolment also means that you agree to be an active participant at the Centre as we rely heavily upon parent participation in areas such as Committee meetings, fundraising activities, maintenance etc.
Hours of Operation
- 7.00 am–6.30 pm Monday to Friday
- Children 6 weeks to 6 Years
- The Centre closes for up to two weeks during the Christmas period. The actual dates of closure are advised each year by the Centre’s Committee of Management.
- The Centre is also closed for the following Public Holidays : News Year’s Day, Australia Day, Labour Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day, Queens Birthday, Grand Final Eve Day, Melbourne Cup Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day.