Robyn Jane Children’s Centre is the only early childhood centre in Healesville that is rated as Exceeding the National Quality Framework.
The National Quality Standard (NQS) promotes continuous quality improvement. Children’s services are assessed and rated against the NQS. Ratings promote transparency and accountability and help parents assess the quality of education and care services available.
Every service receives a rating for each quality area.
- Educational program and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
Robyn Jane Children’s Centre was awarded a rating of Exceeding the National Quality Standard in 2018.
You can read more about the National Quality Frameworks at the ACEQUA website.
What we offer
- High Quality care for children 6 weeks to 6 Years
- 3 year old kindergarten program
- Funded 4 year old Preschool program
- Accredited Asthma Friendly Centre
- SunSmart Centre
- Child Care Subsidy available to eligible families.
- Qualified Staff offering an early educational program that caters to the needs of each individual child
- Safe, fun and stimulating environment with caring, nurturing staff
- Monthly Committee Meetings for parents/caregivers to attend to express ideas, suggestions concerns etc
- Comprehensive Parent Handbook
- Nutritious balanced meals made fresh at the Centre by our qualified cooks
- Individual dietary requirements catered for. Meals provided: breakfast until 8.15am; morning tea including a fresh fruit platter; two-course lunch; afternoon tea including a fresh fruit platter; evening snack if required
Type of Care Offered
- Operating Hours are 7.00am to 6.30pm
- Casual on request if a vacancy exists, whole days only
Fees and Charges
- Our current fees are $119 per day.
- Child Care subsidy is available by contacting Centrelink
- 50% Child Care Tax Rebate, claimable every 3 months from Family Assistance Office.
- Fees are waved for all public holidays, however if you are unable to attend for sickness or holidays, fees are still payable.
- The Centre may Close for up to two weeks during the Christmas Period. Fees are not charged during this time. The actual dates of closure are advised each year by the Centre’s Committee of Management.
- A bond equivalent to one week’s care is required prior to commencement; this is refunded when your family ceases care.
The Centre and its staff work in close partnership with families for the care and education of their children. This high level of collaboration can lead to new and innovative ways of providing programs and therefore ensure that these programs remain truly reflective of the needs of the children and the greater community.
By enrolling your child at the Centre you are agreeing to abide by the conditions set out in the Parent Handbook (which you will be given upon commencement of care.) These conditions are also contained in the Centre Policy Document, which is displayed in the foyer of the building. Being a community centre we encourage you to be an active participant at the centre, we rely heavily upon parent participation in areas such as Committee meetings, fundraising activities, maintenance etc.
The Centre is run by a committee of management comprising of volunteers from within the Community.